Apps for Business
Businesses are moving to the iPad and tablet PCs in general, in droves. The medical society may be a great win for Apple already with so many doctors being early adopters of the iPad for personal use. In fact, over 50 percent of Fortune 500 companies surveyed recently state that they are in the process of evaluating the iPad specifically for business use. Of course, if you look at a list of the top ten or so most downloaded apps, they are mostly entertainment content and games, although business apps are growing in volume and value. This is big business indeed.
About Apps for Business
So what are the Top 5 iPad apps for business so far? Accurate statistics are thin but the most recent numbers reveal these as the most popular business apps early on, by number of total downloads. You can officially use your Apple iPad to do your business and you can do it all on your iPad.
Top 5 App Business
- GoodReader: With the widespread adoption of PDF as the defacto business, online document medium, it follows that a PDF reader would be among the first on the list. This is a paid app and in spite of plentiful free versions, this continues to grow in use. Touted for its ability to handle very large files quickly and opening on the fly, it is promptly increasing in the Adobe reader for iPad. This is neither an Apple or Adobe product, but a third-party app, a fascinating fact nor one that is driving the progress of iPad business apps.
- IWork Suite: This was one of the top ten, all time downloaded apps early after its release. While games are bigger in volume, this Apple product is a basic tool kit for business; it is Apple’s version of Microsoft Office and deserves the spot for ease of use and speed. The three parts, Keynote for presentations, Pages for documents, and Numbers for graphs and charts, allow most business users to handle day-to-day document processing and editing with ease.
- Dropbox: This is an online file backup and sync app and comes with two GB of storage free, while up to 50 GB can be purchased. The app also offers remote file sharing and handles most popular business document formats.
- Evernote: This is an online note-taking and web-clipping app. As you surf the web on your iPad looking for references for that latest report you have an easy way to save bookmarks, images, video, and notes for later easy retrieval-this one is free, which is interesting because its online suite is not.
- Time Master: With data access and organization covered above, time management is the last piece of the business application puzzle. Multiple clients can be assigned hours by the job, and the timers run even when the app is not running. It also maintains easy to entry records and can organize projects. Although Time Master is not free, it is very low cost.
The Importance Business Application
Are you wondering why business apps are important for your business? Well, first of all they get you closer to your customers. They move your business to a whole different level. It is important as a businessperson to follow the trends nowadays, particularly something that is so effective for your business. And we cannot say that app development isn’t trend right? Actually it is the most evolving trend ever, so you better start following it!